On 14th October, the COTTM Summit, organised by Tarsus Group, was successfully held in Beijing Great Wall Hotel. Mr. Dai Bin, President of China Tourism Academy (National Culture and Tourism Ministry Data Centre), was amongst the highly respected speakers who gave a keynote speech at the Summit.
The COTTM Summit is the first physical, live event in the industry to take place since the pandemic and it was a fantastic achievement that the COTTM organisers were able to hold such an event for China’s outbound travel and tourism industry.
Welcoming Embassy officials and representatives of overseas national tourism boards, Chinese top tour operators and industry professionals, in total 260 people participated at the Summit.
During the panel discussion on the new pattern of China’s outbound tourism market, the panelists made a detailed analysis of the changes in outbound tourism consumption demand, industry chain and pattern, and how to reconstruct human resources in the tourism industry.
Before the pandemic, China had become the world's largest outbound tourism market and an important “engine” for global tourism growth. Leaders of embassies and representatives of foreign Tourism Boards stressed in the panel discussion that China has always been one of their most important markets and a market with great potential, both in terms of the number of outbound tourists and spending power.
Whilst China is not open, it was agreed that going forward digital marketing is an ideal platform to promote your destination and product offering, that is why so many organisations are signing up for COTTM Online – where you can meet the Chinese tour operators who attended the COTTM Summit online. It is vital to maintain a strong profile in China for when borders are open.
There is no doubt you will reach the right key buyers on COTTM Online, here is the fantastic feedback from the COTTM Summit exhibitors:
- "Thank you very much for the event. It was a well executed project from your team. It gave valuable insight into the industry, market demand, market condition and changing needs and behaviours of markets. It also gave plenty of information on travel and leisure options available in different corners of the world. Indeed a lot of food for thought. Look forward to future cooperation and exchanges." - Maldives Marketing and Public Relations Corporate
- "COTTM provides a very good platform for the cooperation of overseas destination suppliers and China tour operators and I believe COTTM will play a very good role in promoting the development and recovery of tourism in the future." – Ministry of Tourism, Cambodia
- "COTTM has been deeply engaged in outbound tourism market in North China for many years, and the event has developed and advanced every year. At the COTTM Summit our table-top stand was surrounded by buyers and trade visitors." - Polish National Tourist Office in Beijing
- "It was a great pleasure to meet so many buyers and trade visitors and I look forward to next year's event" - Israel Governmemt Tourism Office Shanghai
- "We are very satisfied with our participation in the COTTM Summit. In spite of the current situation there was a good number of professionals that showed interest for Spain and Aragon. We expect to attend more COTTM events in the future" - Turismo de Aragón (España)
- "COTTM offered us a great opportunity to re-connect with the tourism trade partners" - Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority
- “Thank you very much for the event. It was a well executed project from your team. It gave valuable insight into the industry, market demand, market condition and changing needs and behaviors of markets. It also gave plenty of information on travel and leisure options available in different corners of the world. Indeed a lot of food for thought. Look forward to future cooperation and exchanges.” - Charge d’affaires of Maldives Embassy
To find out more and book your space for COTTM Online to stay in touch with the China market - contact us here.